Re: [ft-l] ideas anyone?

John,
Here is a good part of the Florida trail for that purpose.  Has some variety
and easy for you to reach. Drive on I-10 to Olustee Battleground Memorial on
Hwy 90 just East of Lake City. Park there. Take the Florida trail from the
camping area going West. Carry a compass and trail map. Hike to the pavilion
next to a creek just off the Florida trail in the Osceola National Forest for
lunch.  Hike back and take the side trail to Ocean Pond to cool off with a
swim. Backtrack to the cars at Olustee.  If you want to make it shorter,
start at Ocean Pond. Any questions, call me.
Fred Collins
352-373-2823

To:            ft-l@backcountry.net