Re: [ft-l] ideas anyone?

You might want to pick up a copy of the St. John's Water Management District
guide to trails. Your local outfitter should have copies. I recall reading
about numerous NE Florida day hiking opportunities in there...in fact, I
believe they have a website with trail maps and info as well. Try
http://sjr.state.fl.us/info/recguide/recguide.html

I believe the Bayard Conservation Area is a good one near you, though I
haven't hiked it myself. http://sjr.state.fl.us/info/recguide/rg_nmap.html
will take you to the Northern Region options, where it looks like Bayard,
Black Creek Ravines, and Jennings State Forest are your closest options.

As for state parks, try Fort Clinch (about 3 miles of nature trails, plus
sand dunes and the fort to explore), Anastasia Island in St. Augustine (beach
walks and two trails, a nature trail and one to an old coquina quarry) and
Faver-Dykes near the intersection of I-95 and US 1 (two 20-minute hikes with
plenty of birds to see).

Enjoy the hikes!
Cheers, Sandy

To:            ft-l@backcountry.net