[ft-l] Land Bridge Info

This is an historic event and all are invited to attend. Governor Bush has
been invited, and other dignitaries are expected to attend.  It is a great
addition to our trail, and hopefully Florida Trail members and supporters
will attend to show support for the officials that made the land bridge
possible.

Kenneth Smith.

Below is information about the event.

Saturday
Sept. 30
Land Bridge Opening, I-75,   Belleview FL
Sponsored by the Greenways and Trails Dept. of the Fla. Dept. of
Transportation
The land bridge opening will be at 10:00 A.M. on Saturday, Sept. 30, 2000.
There will be two places to park and enter.  One is the parking lot on CR
475A where we met for the June 3 Trail dedication event, and the other is
just north of there on 475A at the Model Airplane field.  From the latter
there will be various modes of transportation to the bridge. (Vans, buggies,
etc.).

If you want to hike to the bridge, meet Bobbi & Francis at the south parking
area (the area closest to the actual trail) on the west side of 475A at 9:00
AM.  This is about a 2 mile walk each way.  Bring lots of water.  The trail
is fairly shady.  Of course, we can have lunch in Belleview, or at Sonny's
Bar B Que after the event.  If you have easy access to I-75, the easiest way
to get to the parking area is to take I-75 north to exit 67.  Head east to
the traffic light, turn left (north) onto 475A.  It's a couple of miles down
the road.

I hope each of you makes an effort to be there for this event.  This is the
first land bridge in this country.  If you have any questions, call me.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Smith;Kenneth
FN:Kenneth Smith
NICKNAME:Ken
TEL;HOME;VOICE:352-307-8645
TEL;WORK;FAX:352-307-3125
TEL;HOME;FAX:352-307-3125
ADR;HOME:;;5251 SE 113th Street;Belleview;FL;34420-3933;USA
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:5251 SE 113th Street=0D=0ABelleview, FL 34420-3933=0D=0AUSA
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:barker-smith@att.net
REV:20000904T012141Z
END:VCARD