Re: [ft-l] Florida Trail thru-hikers

In a message dated 8/28/00 3:45:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
D_Blick@email.msn.com writes:

> One of the things she mentioned is that she gave my name and email
>  addy to a couple of women with whom she has hiked the past couple of weeks
>  because they are planning to head down here early next year and thru the
FT.
>  They are in New Hampshire, so I can expect to hear from the gals within the
>  next month or so.  Just thought that was kinda neat!

Relating this back to the question of an FT table at the Gathering, is there
any doubt that publicity at the Gathering will lead to more memberships and
more long distance hikers on the FT?  Not in my mind.  I've been to the last
two Gatherings.  Many of the hikers there are looking for new challenges,
especially during the winter when our conditions are most conducive.  A
little publicity with the right group can go a long way -- because they wish
to hike a long way!  :)

Happy trails,

Rich Evans
Orlando