Re: [ft-l] New maps

In a message dated 8/18/00 3:51:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
D_Blick@email.msn.com writes:

> Since this is the case with the "un-highlighted" routes and since Joan now
>  reports that almost all the road walks are blazed now or in the process of
>  being blazed, would it not be advantageous and less confusing to people if
>  the entire non-FNST route were highlighted in yellow?  Even if a section
>  weren't properly blazed, it might be easier for people to use. What do you
>  think?

Let me go a step further.  To what purpose is it to the hiker using the maps
and planning a hike whether the Trail is FT or FNST?  I'd rather see the
entire thru-trail highlighted on the maps in orange, the side and loop trails
in yellow or other colors.  The narrative on the back of the maps can alert
the user to where the Trail begins and ends its various statuses as FNST, FT,
or unblazed.  I like the continuity that a single highlight color offers for
the thru-trail.

Thanks for the forum.

Rich Evans
Orlando