RE: [ft-l] Day hike or thruhike

In 1966, when I got involved with FTA in Gainesville, the goal of the
organization was to build a hiking trail running the length of the state
**so that any member anywhere in the state would have a hiking trail
conveniently close by**. Long distance hiking was NOT the primary thing
that the Gainesville group had in mind. We wanted hiking trails close to us
so we could use them regularly. If someone wanted to do long distance
hiking, that was OK too, but it was not the primary goal.

We had many day hikes and not very many long distance hikes planned.

And to quote someone on this list,

'nuf said, Pam.

- Carl Strohmenger