[CDT-L] ice axes

As you all know, we are starting the CDT around June 1.  We are planning to
start in Anaconda/Warm Springs and hike north for a month, then do the rest
of the trail southbound.  Given that this is a high snow year, I know that
we are likely to need an ice axe in Glacier-- I've seen the slope on some
of the trail there-- but are we likely to need one elsewhere in Montana?
Do they have the kind of side hill with exposure in the Bob Marshall  and
Scapegoat that they have in Glacier?  Should we start with ice axes, or
mail them to Lincoln or Benchmark or East Glacier?

Ginny