[CDT-L] FW: Alternative Routes for the CDT

Dear fellow ALDHA-West members:

One of our members, David Patterson, recently published the "Alternative
Routes for the CDT" guidebook.  I am forwarding his description of the
book
to you in case you are planning to hike on the CDT.  Although ALDHA-West
generally does not advertise commercial products, this is a small
publication produced by one of our members and it is not likely you will
hear about it in time for the 1999 hiking season.  Please forward this
message to anyone you believe would be interested in the guidebook.

Alternative Routes for the CDT is a concise and complete guide for the
planning and preparation of extended travel along the Continental Divide
Trail. Because the CDT is constantly changing this book provides
numerous
alternate routes along the CDT where more than one route exists
(including
interim routes, "official" routes, other trails, and cross-country
travel)
and in places where no routes exist. Another goal of this book is to
eliminate paved road routes, especially in New Mexico, as much as
possible.
Also, it includes the most up-to-date map lists, resupply stations,
trail
conditions, whether to hike north or south, and other pertinent
information
for the CDT.

Author David Patterson holds a degree in Biochemistry from Virginia
Commonwealth University. He through-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 1995,
the
Pacific Crest Trail in 1996, and the Continental Divide Trail in 1998.

He wrote this book as a service to the long-distance hiking community.
receive an advance copy please send a check or money order for $10 plus
$3
first-class shipping and handling payable to David Patterson at the
following address:

David Patterson
585 Redstone Boulevard
Redstone, CO 81623

If you require additional information please contact David at:
wr_ddp@hotmail.com <mailto:wr_ddp@hotmail.com>

Roger Carpenter
P.O. Box 651
Vancouver, WA  98666