[CDT-L] not entirely CDT related

Most of the hiking in my area is steep and rocky, with a fair amount of
volcanic material thrown in for good measure.  Although I mostly do day
hiking and light backpacking, I still wear out my shoes in an
inordinately short amount of time.  The wear is particularly pronounced
along the front, toe area, from digging in as I hike up the steep, rocky
inclines.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a better-wearing boot / shoe which
can handle these conditions better than most?  I realize that Norweigan
welt is better as far as resoling goes, but I'd like to keep the expense
down if possible.
Thanks, Tom

--
Tom Bombaci, Jr.    Grants, New Mexico, USA
NMGenWeb County Coordinator for 4 counties;