Re: [CDT-L] Intro

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Chet J Fromm wrote:
> You metioned JW'S guidebook. Are you following that whole route in WY?
> I'm going to follow the BLM's proposed CDT route, from South Pass City to
> Rawlins.

   I've decided to take the route detailed in the recent WY guidebook
supplement. I'm not sure if that's the same as the BLM route....at any
rate, it's well watered, and it looks fairly uncomplicated.

> I'll have drops at Brooks Lake Lodge, South Pass Historic Site, and
> Rawlins in WY.
> Steamboat Springs, Grand Lake, Copper Mtn, and Twin Lakes in CO.
> What's yours?

Resupplies are:
Brook Lakes Lodge, The Place (near Cora), Big Sandy Lodge, South Pass
City, Muddy Gap, Rawlins, Encampment, Steamboat Springs, Rand, and Grand
Lake.  In RMNP, I'm going to actually hike the divide, rather than follow
the guidebook.

Enjoy your hike.  With as few resupplies as you're getting, you're
probably planning on much higher mileage days than I am.  Perhaps I'll see
you when you overtake me on the trail.

-John

John R. Wheatley
Undergraduate
Depts. of Psychology, Biology,
and the Center for the Integrative Study of Animal Behavior
Indiana University
e-mail: jwheatle@indiana.edu