[cdt-l] Anaconda cut off question

Hi,
Myself and my wife Martina are considering hiking some of the CDT in
2004. Our current thinking is to do perhaps Colorado and Montana states
because they look the most fun to us! We did the PCT in 1998 and had the
time of our lives on that trail but our background is more
mountaineering than backpacking and we like above treeline trails.
Anyway I have a first question (possibly of many!). I have heard mention
of the Anaconda cut-off in Montana and wonder if anyone can tell me what
route it takes and whether its 'better' than the standard CDT?

thanks

Brian Dickson
Scotland