[cdt-l] Re: catching up on the CDT-L

hi everyone,

i just completed the colorado trail as well and found out the
following info to complement what brawny has mentioned:

1) the post office at copper mountain is officially closed all or part
of saturday -- but the if you knock on the inside door many times
there are workers who will open up and deliver a package (but you
can't send). this fact is also true at many post offices -- just
knowck on the inside door to check if someone is there while they're
closed.

2) the leadville hostel is wonderful and cheap ($15) making it far and
away the best lodging option in leadville (if not the whole trail).
wild bill, the proprietor, will even pick you up and drop you off at a
trailhead for a small fee. contact him for details.

3) when you reach highway 50 on the ct, there is a major hotel just up
the hill maybe a mile or two away (i forget the name!).  this is a lot
more convenient than salida for lodging and resupply.

4) the hitch to creede is not 10 miles from the pass like the guide
says. it is at least 30 miles.

5) the gear store in creede is one of the best i've been in (san juan
sports?). good to know if your in a pinch.

hope this helps,
greg