[cdt-l] re: Rawlins

Wotta coinkydink..was just by Rawlins this weekend.
(We stopped there for gas on the way back from the
Winds). Must say, that part of the divide looks a bit
more, ah arid, then further north or south.  :-)
Being in a "trail town" (a VERY LOOSE definition on
the CDT to say the least...) was exciting in its own
way. Esp since Colorado is my backyard and it is like
being home. Being in a place I know I will be in next
year for re-supply, that I haven't been to before, was
almost as nice as hiking in the Winds believe it or
not.

Must say, though, 287 was indeed a scary looking
roadwalk.

Will have some pics posted and a trip report probably
later this evening...

Mags

=====