[cdt-l] route variant around Yellowstone

this sounds like a good idea, maybe. I don't know, one kinda falls in love
with the divide on the MT/ID border just because you spend alot of time
right ontop of it and it is the border. That said there are also alot of
boring/monotonous sections in there also. But they really are punctuated
by some remarkable places ie the thumb, red conglomerate, morrison lake,
little lake, to mention a few.
My idea would be to head to the Tetons from green river lakes then up the
west side of yellowstone to the gallatin and then head west. You'd
miss brooks lake and the snake headwaters right away. Then youd go through
the higest concentration of grizzlies in the lower US.
Can someone describe the Ennis Cut off?

BUT, I would not advise on skipping the Anaconda-Pintlers, this was a
definate highlight on the entire CDT.

james