[cdt-l] montana/idaho resupply

As Mike mentions resupply from Lemhi Pass maybe easier in then next few
years due to the anniversary of Lewis and Clark anniversary.

I met two hikers this summer who were traveling along the Divide from Lost
Trail to Monida who had a pretty good story about how friendly people were
at Lemhi Pass and the Sacajawea Memorial Camp. As they approached the pass
they could see people from a camper who were watching them hike and taking
pictures as they approached. These people were all excited to meet the
backpackers (actually 4 at the time) and furnished them with fresh fruit.
After setting up camp, they hiked down to cook dinner at the Sacajawea
Memorial Camp, where another group furnished them with snackes and
sandwiches. After dinner, a third group forced them to take more sandwiches
even though they were completely full. At this point they were discussing
their plans to get to Bannock Pass where their car was waiting (two of the
hikers had to catch a flight in two days). A person from a fourth group
overheard them and offered to take one of them around to Bannock Pass to
retrieve their vehicle. Needless to say, they were very impressed with the
friendliness of everyone at the pass.

Jeff