[cdt-l] Introduction and a couple of questions

Ryan, I am embarking on the trail in just over a month so I don't speak
first hand, but the word is that the cdts books are superior. There
seems to be general consensus that the routes and the descriptons are
better. Just from a thru-hiker standpoint who hasn't used the books, the
cdts are designed for you... I ordered all 7 (including supplements) in
one shippment and this tiny little box arrived at my door, at first I was
shocked and then realized that they were meant to fit in my backpack. You
buy them directly from Jim Wolf, the author, at the cdts site.
The other thing you should know about is Johnathan Ley's site and his set
of maps ,  http://www.phlumf.com/cdt/cdt.htm   and
http://www.phlumf.com/cdt/cdtmaps.htm
it seems like most people use them, they coincide heavily with the
cdts route except in S. NM (according to a email from JL a . Esp because
of their cost... that reminds me I hope my partner sent him a few
bucks. He subscribes to this list so you can chat with him about the maps.

I am heading northbound starting may 5th. Looking forward to deep snow in
CO! Fun times!
James