[cdt-l] gps?

Mike- I too am looking at buying a gps, but now that I see how they get
all your money by forcing you to buy the topo software too... I am curious
on what you have decided to do and why... or maybe just your thoughts so
far if you havent come to a decision.
I really know next to nothing about the things, spent about an hour on one
today in the REI parking lot...
thanks
James