[cdt-l] CDT in NM

Brett,
   The couple that runs the Borderline Cooperative
Feed & Supply were a great help last spring.  They
were friendly, gave us water, and let us stay inside
during a windy afternoon.  I called ahead from
Columbus to make sure it was OK to stop by.

   As of last spring, government offices like the
Mimbres ranger station and the Gila Visitors Center
were not accepting packages due to the
anthrax/terrorist scare.  I called the Mimbres store
(which is right next to the P.O.) and Doc Campbell's
at Gila Hot Springs ahead of time and shipped my
packages to those places.  It took Sly and me about 45
min to get a ride to Mimbres.  Someone at the store
spotted the sign I had made to get back to the trail,
so we didn't have to hitch back.
     We didn't stop at the Wilderness Lodge B&B.
     Give Ghost Ranch a call ahead of time.  They hold
packages for hikers, and don't have any problem with
hikers crossing their land as long as you respect it.
When we passed the Ghost Ranch Living Museum last
fall, it looked deserted and in disrepair.  Unless
something has happened recently, don't count on it for
anything.

-Ben