[cdt-l] NM map options

Jonathan Ley wrote:
>>From Grants north, my route mostly conforms to the old CDTS route.  I
don't know if that's changed in the last couple years... There may be
some discrepancies. There are a couple areas where new "trail" has been
cairned or constructed - I've tried to map those as best I could based
on feedback from 2002 hikers. Whatever the case, the route is a pretty
decent one I think... I can't think of any significant things I'd have
hiked differently.<<

For some reason I had been under the impression that the CDTS route steered
well clear of roads passable to vehicles, at least where possible and
practicable. Jonathan, in his epic journal which should be published, talks
a lot about beer cans, hunters, and cowboys that he met along the "trail,"
especially in northern New Mexico. Is this really the best NM has to offer?
(tongue in cheek - I like the place) (but seriously, because I know Jim Wolf
and co. have invested much effort in describing the most pristine CDT
experience possible)

- blisterfree