[cdt-l] NM map options

Just an FYI for those considering my maps for NM:

In the area south of Silver City, My route is pretty much "made up as I
went by me in 2001" as there was no guidebook when I hiked there. I've
tried to describe another route noted as "official" by another hiker.
The whole terrain down there is pretty open. As long as you know the
property distinctions, it's nearly impossible to get lost - you can see
landmarks for miles - and you don't really need a "trail" per se - x
ctry is pretty easy if the cactus & thorny plants aren't too thick.

>From Silver City to Grants, again, my route is pretty much "mine",
although, I'm told it's similar to the CDTS route (I don't have a copy
of the CDTS route)... I think my route is pretty good in that area, you
might want to tweak it a little bit here & there. The "official" route
through the El Malpais area is a lot of road walking & indirect & dry
(other than that it's a great route too;)) I didn't map it, but may in
the future.

>From Grants north, my route mostly conforms to the old CDTS route.  I
don't know if that's changed in the last couple years... There may be
some discrepancies. There are a couple areas where new "trail" has been
cairned or constructed - I've tried to map those as best I could based
on feedback from 2002 hikers. Whatever the case, the route is a pretty
decent one I think... I can't think of any significant things I'd have
hiked differently.

-Jonathan