[cdt-l] We made it to Old Faithful

The closure has recently changed to allow US and Canadian citizens to enter
into the US via Goat Haunt.  See:

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2003/06/03/news/local/znews02.txt

At the bottom of the article, it mentions that "New Canadian immigration
regulations allow U.S. or Canadian citizens to leave the United States at
Goat Haunt and enter Canada through Waterton Lakes National Park."

Shachaf - It sounds like you may have to use the Belly River Route. A quote
from the Glacier-Waterton guide explains the current rule and gives a
number you may want to call to see about entering Canada via Waterton.
All hikers crossing the International
Boundary from Canada are considered to
be applying for admission to the United
States, and are required to report to Park
Rangers at Goat Haunt for inspection.

Only citizens of Canada and citizens or
Legal Resident Aliens of the United States
of America, who have cleared customs and
immigration at the Goat Haunt Ranger
Station, will be allowed to travel into the
United States beyond Goat Haunt.

There are restrictions on all backcountry travel
from the United States into Canada, within the
Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park.
For more information, please contact the
Canada Customs and Revenue Agency in
advance of any trip at 1-403-653-3535

You may also want to check the trail report to see if that changes:

http://www.nps.gov/glac/activities/goath.htm

Jeff