[cdt-l] We made it to Old Faithful

Shachaf -
Last I heard, the Waterton route was closed at the border.  But you'll find
out for sure when you try to get your permit for Glacier NP.  If it's still
closed, the Belly River Route is one option.  The other is to go west from
Goat Haunt across Brown Pass and out to Polebridge.
Jim

>From: shachaf ronen <shachafbha@yahoo.com>
>To: CDT-l <cdt-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
>Subject: [cdt-l] We made it to Old Faithful
>Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 16:42:36 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Hey everyone !
>
>I'm with Bill and Tom at Old Faithful village.
>The trail over from Togottee to here was snow free but you gotta watch for
>the stream crossings... the buffalo creak is a nasty sunofa#%^ !
>If you can and need to go there , take the alternate which goes over to the
>bridge above that creek...
>Other than that, you can probably get over all the reast.
>We are planning on doing the Anaconda cutoff , so the last few adds about
>it are helpful!
>Thanks.
>I also got the info. about the fackt that I may have a problem hiking
>through Glacier to Waterton.
>Would anyone know what do I have to do in order to get through all the way
>like any other local hiker ?
>
>Good luck to all you guys in Co. right now and all you SB's starting - kick
>ass !
>
>Shachaf.

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart