[cdt-l] Water ALERT

In a message dated 6/13/2003 10:14:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
blisterfree@isp01.net writes:

> Thanks, Sly. I forgot about the visitor center as a probable water source.
> Is it on the outside or inside of the facility?

There was a faucet on the outside, but it was locked if I remember correctly.
 We ended up stealth camping at La Ventana the night before, and had to wait
a few minutes for the visitor center to open the following day to gain access
to water in the rest rooms.

I believe some that took the CDTS route ran out and got water from passing
motorist in Bonita or Zuni Canyon.

Regardless of which route you take in this area, water is scarce.

Sly