[cdt-l] Water ALERT

In a message dated 6/13/2003 8:04:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
blisterfree@isp01.net writes:

> Does anyone have an update on the water situation on the CDTS route north
> of
> the Acoma-Zuni Trail? How about along NM 117 between the A-Z Trailhead and
> Grants?

Due to the drought last year we ended up walking the road into Grants
bypassing the CDTS route on the A-Z trail.  You can get water at the BLM El Malpais
visitor center further north on NM 117.

After my hike, I ended up driving some of the official route in this area.
Although boring to the bone, there were atleast two water sources before you
hit the western end of the A-Z trail.  I find it interesting that hikers will
cross paths in opposite directions along the A-Z trail both heading north.  I
think the same thing happens for a couple miles in the Gila!

Sly