[cdt-l] Re: altitude

I have heard about taking aspirin a day or so before
and during altitude hikes.  I've always steered clear
of it while hiking, because it can really complicate
any bleeding injuries (internal or external).
"Thinning" and anti-coagulation are relatively
synonymous effects of aspirin on the blood - if you
reduce coagulation, you have "thinned" the blood.
That's my understanding of it.

My main plan of action is to spend 2 days day-hiking
up high and sleeping "low" (Durango) before hitting
the CT/CDT.

Good tips, thanks.

Nocona