[cdt-l] re: adjusting to altitude

RE altitude, I just bailed ou tof a long planned ssection hike from Big
Sandy to north of Yellowstone with Curly.  There were 4 of us hiking the
wind River section fro from Green River Lakes TH to Big Sandy, but wile
doing this section I lost my appitite, had a very diffcult time eating
anything, and felt like vomiting on several occassions.  This was my 8th
trip to the mountains and I have never had any problems before.  As in times
plast I drove diretly out ot themountains and began hiking without any time
to let my body adjust.  with only a very limited amount of calories (ony a
1,000 per day of less was all I was eating) it was very difficult to hike
even ten miles a day.
So, RD is home.