[cdt-l] Water concerns in NM

I wonder if anyone with recent experience walking the CDT in southern New
Mexico during springtime, and who has followed all or most of Jim Wolf's
route, could comment on water conditions vis a vis the guidebook's estimates
of what to expect in an "average" year. For instance, in reading the guide
data for the stretch between the border at Palomas and the "end" of the
desert in the Mimbres Mtns, I get the impression that wells, tanks,
windmills, and the occasional developed source, should actually keep the
waterless stretches quite manageable (under 15 miles, on average). What was
the most water you carried at a time in New Mexico? Did you need to carry so
much? What was the longest waterless stretch?

Muchos gracias,
- blisterfree