[cdt-l] Which CDT Starting Point

I have seen 3 different locations for the southern point of the CDT.
Antelope Wells and up through Animas, East of Antelope Wells and up through
The Big Hachet, and Columbus up through the Floridas. I am new in the Deming
area and somewhat familiar with the Floridas. Just took a ride down to the
Big Hachet for a look-see.

Based on the current private land issues, water availability, etc of the two
paths in the "Boot Heel", which is better or available? Has anyone done the
one through the Floridas?
Bill Hendrickson , DesertRat