From: cdt-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:cdt-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of ccaplen@aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 8:20 AM
To: cdt-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [cdt-l] NM section hike along CDT

 Bill - (and others)

I am considering starting as near the official trailhead, east of Antelope
Wells, as possible.  Maybe use the Trail Angel in Hachita.   Yes, my mid
March start date could  be a little early (just wanted to beat the heat).  I
did read about the high winds in March/April, but also saw where it was
written, "..March is not too early to start.." Sounds though as if folks in
the past have done well leaving early April.   My departure time is
extremely
flexible.

Appreciate everyones comments.  - Yes - the thought has crossed my mind that
it will be difficult to get off trail once having reached Colorado.

Cindy