[cdt-l] CDT hiking permits

In a message dated 1/10/2003 1:43:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
shachafbha@yahoo.com writes:

> Did any of you thru hikers Get a special permit some time in advance, to
> anywhere on the trail ?
>
> If I have to get one, then which and where do I get them ?

No, you only really need them for the National Parks.

Most just breeze through 5 miles of Rocky Mountain NP, although I think
there's a 30 mile loop.  You can call the backcountry office at Yellowstone
from the preceding resupply and get a permit then, over the phone, and wait
until you reach Glacier for that permit at the ranger station Two Medicine
campground.

I think that's all we got.  : )

Sly