[cdt-l] Spring 2003 thru-hike, NM - CDT

In a message dated 1/10/2003 10:38:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ccaplen@aol.com writes:

> Experienced PCT hiker, interested in hiking partner(s) for a mid March -
> April 2003 (or there abouts) thru-hike of the CDT in NM.
>
> Somewhat concerned about my navigational abilities (especially in the
> southern portion of the state) to strike out alone.

Cindy,

You're right to be concerned about navigation.  The CDT is not a very well
marked trail.

I think you'll find that most hikers start around mid April, early May so as
they don't get to the high country in Colorado too early.  You may want to
adjust your start date in order to find a partner.  Remember, you'll have to
be flexible.  Even in a average snow year, most northbounders, usually have
to leapfrog or flip.

Sly