[cdt-l] Re: South from NM

yeah, i can say that the thought of a walk along the whole divide has
crossed my mind a few times since hiking the CDT. i haven't heard of anyone
who has done that either, but people have certainly walked from patagonia
north (and possibly the other way), just not along the divide. george meegan
(who wrote a book called The Longest Walk) is one. and karl bushby
(www.goliathexpedition.com) is in the midst of a walk that started in
patagonia and will end up crossing the bering straits and finishing in
england. pretty wild stuff...

the thing is, both those guys took lots and lots of roads. much as i enjoy
pounding the pavement and inhaling fumes, that would kind of go against the
idea for me... obviously, there were viability issues involved, safety and
logistics, etc... but whether a walk along the divide itself would be
practical for the length of central and south america, i don't know... i do
know it would make for a hell of an international CDT.

rafi