From: cdt-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:cdt-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Michele
Champion
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 11:37 AM
To: cdt-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [cdt-l] hiking partner wanted - CDT

My New Mexico hiking partner had to cancel out so I am
looking for someone to hike south to north through New
Mexico starting late April/early May.  I will continue
on the trail after that as well but depending on snow
levels in Colorado, may skip ahead.  I am a 45 year
old woman, have hiked both the PCT and the AT and want
to stay off of the roads as much as possible in New
Mexico.  I am waiting to receive Jim Wolf's new
guidebook but anticipate that I will follow his route.
 I hope to average 15 miles a day - depending on
terrain and route finding.  My biggest concern is
being able to find the way and would like another pair
of eyes and another brain to help with that. I am easy
going and have hiked a lot on my own as well as with
others for periods of time on the longer trails.
E-mail me if interested or if you know of someone who
might be. Thanks.