From: cdt-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:cdt-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Ken Powers
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 10:36 AM
To: cdt-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [cdt-l] gps waypoints & TOPO USA

If you are talking about the Westcliff New Mexico CDT guide I have a word of
warning. Most of the waypoints are pretty close, but some of the waypoints
are not accurate. I remember one in particular that was supposed to be a
3-way road junction south of Separ. It was far enough off we couldn't see
any roads. After that I wasn't relying on them as much and didn't pay
attention if they were off.
Ken
 "Bill Hendrickson (E-mail 2)" <desertrat@swnm.com> wrote:I know in the New
Mexico books on the CDT critical waypoints are available
for manual input.

On another note, has anyone ever used TOPO USA. I have only used it so far
to verify waypoints that I have collected. These seem to plot correctly. I
have yet to use it to provide waypoints along a selected route and then go
out and use them.

DesertRat (Bill Hendrickson)