[cdt-l] gps waypoints

I am considering buying a GPS unit to use on sections of the CDT trail and
already have seen a friends copy of MapSend Topo software.

Showing a bit of ignorance on the technology....  is there somewhere I can
download the waypoints for the CDT trail...???    I did not see the trail
shown in the software images so assume I have to enter the waypoints..????

Sorry if this seems a bit novice...   just trying to decide if I want to make
a change from the traditional compass/altimeter to a GPS.....

Thanks