[cdt-l] Re: CDT-L digest, Vol 1 #496 - 3 msgs

Christine: I second Marcia's positive thoughts on performing trailwork.
I plan to sign up for a week this season while hiking some CDT segments
in the vicinity. My only experience is with other trails, particularly
the PCT, but reports are very favorable concerning CDTA trail projects.

I have only heard about a couple individual circumstances which could
not have been foreseen. A lazy, shiftless official overseeing the
volunteer trailworkers was one. Another case involved poor meal planning
and attrocious kitchen conditions at a remote cabin that the on-scene
official left to a volunteer who agreed to cook for the crew. Could have
been the same person! These are way unusual events which did not detract
from the positive experiences and feeling of comradeship gained by the
trail crew volunteers.
--
Campy
High Sierra Regional Trail Coordinator

http://www.trailprojects.com  or
http://www.trailvolunteer.com  click on PCT

"Time spent doing trail work shall not be deducted from your life!"