[cdt-l] CDTA volunteer positions

In a message dated 2/19/2003 4:25:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
christinemshaw@hotmail.com writes:

> I was just wondering if anyone here has participated in the past with the
> CDTA volunteer program in the summers.  I'm thinking of signing up for a
> couple of trips, and would love to hear others experiences if they gone
> before.  You can check out the positions on the website:
> http://www.cdtrail.org/  under the Volunteer menu.

I saw a couple crews last year that looked like they were having a great
time.  A couple had signed up for the summer.  Once when we were taking a
break with lightening looming they came by but wouldn't stop long enough for
me to take a picture.

After a few minutes we also quickly gathered our gear and started down off
the mountain behind them dropping about 500 feet before the sun came out
again.  Since I had been reluctant to go anywhere, figuring I had a better
chance of hitting the lottery than getting zapped, I wasn't all that pleased
to bushwack straight back uphill.

Oh well, better save than dead!

Sly