[cdt-l] C.D.T. anyone?

In a message dated 12/6/2003 11:42:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
roni_h3000@yahoo.com writes:

> Hi everyone.
> As some of you know, my name is Roni,

Roni,

One more thing.  It was my plan to hike north through NM and then flip and
hike south from Canada.  I thought it was a great plan and would have work
except they closed the forest in northern NM and Colorado was passable in early
June.  I was ready to flip at any given time but never had to except to make up
the section in NM I missed.

That said, even if you don't find a northbound partner, you may want to
consider flipping once you reach CO and then hike south where you may find a
companion.

On the CDT you must remain flexible.  There's all sorts of situations that
may alter your plans when you least expect it.  Get familar with the
greyhound.com website you may need it.

Lastly, for tonight, if you haven't, check out Jonathan's page at <A HREF="www.phulmf.com">
www.phlumf.com</A>  he has an awesome journal and as far as I know still offers printable
maps for the entire trail.  And if you haven't yet, get all the necessary
guidebooks from the CDTS at <A HREF="www.cdts.com">www.cdtsociety.org</A>   Your hike will go much smoother if
you do.

Sly