[cdt-l] Yellowstone Question

We did the same routine at Glacier. Called from East Glacier. Explained our situation. They wanted us to hitch 70miles to see the bear movie and get our permit inperson. We finally prevailed and got a permit. Actually we only had a permit number associated with our campsites.  This brought up an interesting situation at Goat Haunt when a ranger asked if we had a permit. Marcia said yes, I said no. I explained the situation and the ranger took the permit number and called it in to check it. Not sure what she would have done if she couldn't have checked it. We were 7 miles from Canada.

Ken
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tim Hart
  To: cdt-l@backcountry.net
  Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 11:42 AM
  Subject: Re: [cdt-l] Yellowstone Question

  You can call the Yellowstone backcountry office at 307-344-2160 from Dubois or Macks Inn to make reservations.  I called from Dubois heading north.  You can only call a few days ahead of time and need to tell them that you are thru hiking the CDT and can't make in-person reservations.  They want you to go to the Old Faithful backcountry office to register and see the film when you arrive at Old Faithful.  Glacier NP isn't very accommodating, however.

  Tim CDT 02
  Starman PCT 00
  Camel AT 98

  Doug and Sue <doug-sue@t-one.net> wrote:
    When hiking norh or southbound thru Yellowstone NP, how do you register for campsites? Do you have to leave the trail or is there a way to register ahead of time?
    -RedDoug

  Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now