[cdt-l] Fires

There have been additional closures over the past week in the Helena, Lewis
and Clark, and Flathead National Forests, including the Scapegoat and Bob
Marshall. Starting from the south:

Helena NF land west of the Divide is closed from 3 miles south of Stemple
Pass north to Hwy 200 (Rogers Pass).  As the CDT is generally on the
closure boundary, I don't know if it is technically closed.

All Helena NF land north of Hwy 200 is closed, this includes the CDT and
Scapegoat Wilderness.  Trails (229, 266 and 219) in the Lewis and Clark
National Forest on the east side of the divide just outside of the
Scapegoat are also closed. See:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r1/flathead/fire/new/wilderness/update0829.htm

http://www.fs.fed.us/r1/helena/news/lincoln_closure_map_0820.pdf

The CDT in the Dearborn drainage is not listed as closed. Closures resume
in the area south and west of Benchmark, including the designated CDT route
(trail 202), but Jim Wolf's recommended along Straight Creek (212) is
open.   North of Benchmark the CDT is open, with the exception of Jim's
recommended route from Spotted Bear Pass to Kevan Mtn.

The best map showing the fires and closed areas that I have found is:

http://www.fs.fed.us/nwacfire/salmon/announce/083003_area_closure_public_post_11x17.pdf

Jeff