[cdt-l] Digital Camera Canon vs Sony

Sloetoe <sloetoe@yahoo.com> wrote:

"But the difference is basically in batteries.
-- Have you experience with either of these cameras?"

My experience is with the Canon Digital Elph. Consider buying a spare
Canon battery: just over $100, and it is light (29 grams) and with a
little protective cover. It seems to hold its charge for a very long
time - like months. The Canon battery is rated for 150 shots (for 2.0 MP
Canon models), or 420 shots if you use the viewfinder only and leave the
LCD monitor turned off, which is hard to do. I like Sony too, but in
terms of energy density, the Canon Li-ion battery beats rechargable AAA
camera cells.
--
Campy
Central California Trail Coordinator

http://www.trailprojects.com  or
http://www.trailvolunteer.com  click on PCT

"Time spent doing trail work shall not be deducted from your life!"