[cdt-l] Re:Wolf route Vs The CDTA Route

I don't have the Wolf books, have leaned towards the CDTA guide books a lot,
but perhaps I should take a look at the alternate routes a little more.  the
route mentioned by Jane in or around the GreatBasin in her last letter is
completely unknown to me.  Someday the CDT will be a well established trail
with blaze marks every half mile or so.  I'm wondering, when the dust
settles and there is a trail, which route is it going to follow, or will the
CDT always be an 'alternate" route trail?