[cdt-l] Frogg Toggs

Sly,

When your Frogg Toggs "did not hold up well", was this
a gradual loss of waterproofness, or a catastrophic failure
(such as abrasion from the pack, ripping from vegetation,
seams giving out, etc.)  In other words, did you have a warning
that you needed to replace them, or did they potentially leave
you in a very vulnerable position (of having no protection when
you might need it).

I purchased Frogg Toggs just about a week ago (based upon the
raves of a PCT '99 thru-hiker that I met) and haven't used
them yet.  I can tolerate gradual loss of functionality, but don't
want complete failure (on a place like the CDT).  I am wondering
whether I want to keep them or not, having heard your
comments.  Thanks.

Karen Davis
PCT '99
(Sly, I leapfrogged with your group between about Big Bear
City and Wrightwood).