[cdt-l] amazing.....

RedDoug wrote:
>I'm trying to understand why someone would claim to have hiked trails he
>never hiked?  What's to be gained by that?  Status amoung a group >is poor
>motivation when most of us love the CDT and hike it to >expereince it- not
>to just gain status.  Is that right,  or am I off here? Then again, I don't
>understand why some individuals claim to >have been abducted by space
>aliens, either.  I am rather simple in some areas.

Doug -
First - welcome to the zoo.  Ginny told me you were here, but I haven't
posted here for probably 6 months or more - partly because I've been busy,
partly because there are others who've had more recent experience on the
trail - and largely because it hurts to talk about something I can't do
again for another 3 years.  But that doesn't mean I abandoned the list - or
the trail.

As for your questions - I don't have a complete answer.  I don't think
anyone does.  But from a purely pragmatic viewpoint - he's sick.  Very sick.
I waded through some of what he's put on other lists and newsgroups - enough
to get an idea what he's about.  And I needed a shower afterwards.  He gets
his kicks from  stirring up trouble - and he's  virulently
anti-authoritarian - among other things. Enuff - if he shows up again, we
(or rather Ryan) will deal with it.

In the meantime - I'd appreciate seeing some trail-related stuff go by.  And
I'd like to thank Ryan for his troll-killing efforts as well as for
providing this forum.

Walk softly,
Jim

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart