[cdt-l] Favorite GPS?

     I carried the cheapest Garmin etrex.  It was a
great help, but is never a substitute for a compass
and a hardcopy map (they don't need batteries).  When
I used it, all I needed was the ability to get my
position from the GPS to plot on a map, or lift a
waypoint from a map to put in the GPS to do a "go to".
When doing the latter, I could get within three
hundred feet of my destination by getting a
latitude/longitude reading from the map using a
Wayponter
http://www.gpsscales.com/WaypointerScale.html
It's prone to breaking on a long hike, so I laminated
it with clear packing tape, and it made it the length
of the CDT in one piece.

-Ben