[cdt-l] friends with a stalker, or "No! *I* am Sparticus!"

From: "John Musielewicz" <jmuielewicz@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [cdt-l] Triple Crown Hiking
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:17:24 -0500

>   I'vve knowd Jiim fer years annd thhink he's a gooddd guy.
Soo iiss Jenny.
> Pllease bee nice to theemn as they rr ffine hikkerrrsss. (TIC)

Interesting...you admit to being friends with a stalker? Are you
a stalker too?

### [Sloetoe cogitates on the above, and concludes "Holy Crap!
Are we really going there?"]
### Count me a stalker, John, along with anyone else on this
list who's hiked any -- or spent any *time* on this list. You
have not. Not that this is a popularity contest, but you seem to
be setting up an 'us vs. them' agenda. This is not that kind of
email list, where keyboard testosterone lives and rules. This is
a list where real-live hikers communicate. We all walk our talk
-- do a google search on anyone here, and know you're among
peers. (Or 'betters' -- I'm here to *learn* about the divide.)
Most of the people you're set to argue with I personally know to
present ALDHA seminars, RUCK presentations, write articles, they
manufacture gear, they walk their talk. And if they didn't
they'd be laughed off the stage. These people have staying power
(and it has nothing to do with hygiene -- off the trail).

### Seriously, 'be cool.'
Sloetoe

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!