[cdt-l] Packing Pepper Spray

James McCreight wrote:
>Just as a point of interest, I was wondering how many people who have hiked
>the trail (and are on this list) have actually
>1. used pepper spray
>2. were confronted by a griz but didn't have to use it
>3. didn't use it at all.
>
>I think it would be a fairly interesting stat.

James -
My wife and I have hiked through Glacier, spent some time in the Absarokas,
more time in the San Juans in Colorado, and thruhiked both the CDT and the
PCT.  We've only once been confronted (by a black bear during an AT
thruhike) but not by a grizzly (yet).  We've never carried bear spray and
never felt the need for it.

Nuther subject - Don't let mr fales get to you.  He's trolled more lists
than he could count if he took off his shoes and unzipped his fly. He's
claimed all kinds of experience in all kinds of places and occupations.
You're welcome to believe him if you like, but he was just booted from the
at-l list this morning for descending from simply lying about his experience
(he claimed Triple Crown status and more hiking experience than anyone else
on the list) to running personal attacks when his bluff was called. Now he's
back on at-l under a different email address (his 3rd).  A direct quote from
one of his posts on at-l:

>Hey I don't have any anger I just love here  idiots liek yiou think you
>ahve more miels and skill under yout hen me. That is a joke I have out
>hiked evry person on this list.

If you do Google and Teoma searches on his name & email addy, I think you'll
find that he's not someone you want to play with.  I'd suggest that you
don't feed the troll.

I don't normally chase people cross-list like this, but it was my wife and
friends that he attacked on at-l.  And now he's trolling my friends on this
list.

Walk softly,
Jim

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart