[cdt-l] Stopping Recommendation in MT

I was wondering where folks would recommend stopping if you have 6- 8 days
heading north from Yellowstone?  Where would be the best place to leave a
car?  Looks like I might have someone available to spot my car and then
drive my back to Old Faithful to begin hiking north for another week.

I must admit, I can't help but look at the great big map of Yellowstone and
the NF land north of Yellowstone and wonder why the CDt dosn't make a more
direct route north and then cut NW, if you understand what I mean.

-RD