[cdt-l] Good reading

I agree..."The Secret Knowledge of Water" was a great book. You should
also listen to Craig Childs' reports on NPR's website. He also wrote at
lest one article for Arizona Highways and has a new book, "Soul of
Nowhere" that I just received but haven't started yet.

A perennial favorite is "The Monkey Wrench Gang" by Ed Abbey. I
remember dad reading it (no he was not a environmentalist) back in the
70's (when I was in high school) and laughing all the way through the
book. I finally read it in the 80's and it's still a favorite.

"Ismael" by Daniel O'Quinn. Then you'll know where "Ishmael" got his
trail name. Thoughtful reading.

Any Clive Cussler novels. Clive never lets science get in the way of a
good adventure/mystery. Read them in sequence.

Michael McGarrity. New Mexico's Agatha Christie. Only better. Read them
in sequence.

"A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson. Tale of his adventures and
misadventures along the Appalachian Trail. I've read it twice and it
still makes me laugh.

Any of the Continental Divide treks, Karen Berger & hubby (I'll bet he
has a name), Stephen Pern (not an ultralight packer), Eric Ryback
(pretty dry).

Joel Gilbert