[cdt-l] Miscellany

Good words!  After hiking the CDT and a bit of the much less popular and
travelled Pac.NWT, I have the same feelings, but much stronger because the
PNT is really a lot less developed than the PCT.
For me dirt roads are fine, or actually superior (and maintenance free) if
travelled very little by autos.  On paved roads that are dangerous, try
thumbing it - what the heck; I caught a ride right behind a state patrol car
(illegal to thumb in WY) just north of Rawlins by hiding my thumb behind my
body and visible to the next car which picked me up.
Happy Hiking!

   Bill Gurwell